Monday, October 28, 2013

Space Monkey, That Funky Monkey

You may ask "What is a space monkey?", and I would tell you "I don't know, it's just something I made." I like to sew without a pattern, which is fine if you don't plan on wearing the thing I sewed. This was just cut out of scrap fabric, then sewn together. I used fabric glue on the light blue patches.

The reason why I made a space monkey is because I had to make something for my Sci-fi class in college. I figured that no one would come in with a blue, hand-made space monkey, and honestly, I forget the whole story behind the monkey, but I'm sure it was pretty creative because I passed. Little kids seem to like it, my godson wanted it, but, for obvious reasons (button eyes, pictured below), I could not give it to him.

I just used big black buttons with smaller green buttons on top. Then sewed little nostrils and a thin mouth. The funny thing about this monkey is I never kept him in the same room where I slept because his eyes kind of creep me out.

Keep monkeying around. Happy Imagining!


No comments:

Post a Comment