Monday, October 21, 2013

Rock'em Sock'em Uncle Sam

This is a fun pen! Obviously, it's Uncle Sam, but it is also like Rock'em Sock'em Robots (some people will know what I'm talking about). Sam's arms move forward in a punching motion (like Rock'em Sock'em), only his head doesn't pop off.

He ended up in my possession by accident. I worked at a little mom n' pop print shop who had a gift store in the front of the shop. This was definitely one of the most interesting jobs I have ever had. A regular customer had purchased one of these pens and had brought it back a few days later. The pen part of this contraption didn't work. So, Brad (the pop of mom n' pop), just gave her a new one that worked, and handed me the broken one. I guess he thought I wanted one because I would always play with them when I was standing at the counter... hey, it reminded me of Rock'em Sock'em Robots, a fond childhood memory. I actually think the reason these sold in the store was because I would be playing with them while the customer was shopping and the customer must have saw how entertained I was with the silly novelty pen.

Here is the punching action

I wish I could of got another one, I would play Rock'em Sock'em Uncle Sam with whoever wanted to play (hehe). Well, I must be on my way. Happy Imagining!

No comments:

Post a Comment