Friday, October 18, 2013

Knife Lanyard

I have a pink Spyderco knife that my husband bought for me. I lost the original at a restaurant; it fell out of my pocket, and, of course, I didn't know that it was gone until hours later. See, the problem with having an awesome (and pink) pocket knife is not with the knife itself, but, the jeans I was wearing at the time. Many manufactures of female pants and jeans think that women don't need deep pockets. In fact, they barely give you any front pockets or non at all. So, when my husband bought me another one I decided to made a lanyard for it so I would never lose it again, and because I can't change all of the pockets in women's pants.

It is a great knife and I highly recommend that everyone get a Spyderco knife, they are made in Golden, Colorado. So, if you live here, go get one. If you plan on taking a vacation to the Denver area, go get one. Or, I'm sure you could find them on their website.

Here's what it looks like on one of my pairs of jeans which, actually, doesn't have shallow pockets. I just took 4 black fabric cords, and did a "friendship bracelet" knot (I'm not so sure what that knot is called). Then, tied it off on the knife and on the metal clip, wrapped a wire around the cord at the base of the knife and the metal clip to keep the cord in place.

I like it when I can make something instead of going out and buy something that someone else made. I feel self-reliant, bring on the zombie apocalypse... actually, don't! I don't feel like dealing with zombies. I think it's bad enough to go to Walmart on a Sunday. Happy Imaging!


No comments:

Post a Comment