Friday, February 14, 2014

Captain America's Shield... Take One...

Most people will recognize this symbol... yes, it's the Captain America's Shield. I decided to make a polymer clay cane, then cut into little beads. Doesn't make sense, that's alright, I will do a tutorial on it. Not this one, it didn't turn out how I wanted it to; but, I do know what adjustments I need to make and, hopefully, it will turn out how I want it to. I will show some steps on this post.

Here is where I'm starting to put it together, I like to make little clay pebbles and put them together like a mosaic when I have to fill a large area (except the star). Then, I'll coil tubes of clay if I have to fill a large area around the piece.

I skipped a few steps, but, this is what the cane starts to look like as you are "squishing" the clay into a cylinder. I never looks right and you may think it is ruined, but it's not. I will cover how to do this on the tutorial.

When you do get it down to the circumference you want it, you will slice it. This is the middle section, that's where it is the best. I still use the outer sections even though they look a little funky. This will be sliced up into little beads. I know exactly what I have to do for my next one, the white stripe became a little white line, so, more white on the white stripe next time. Hopefully, that will work. There will be other adjustments I make next time, but, you will have to stay tuned to see.

I hope everyone has an awesome day. Leave a comment, send a message or visit my other sites: facebook.com/caliradan, twitter.com/caliradan, instagram.com/caliradan. Happy Imagining!

No comments:

Post a Comment