Monday, December 2, 2013

I See The Light! Well... Maybe Not Quite Yet

Even though we moved in May, I'm still un-packing boxes, I wonder if it will ever end. A project I do eventually want to finish is this lamp. I should have took a picture while the shade was still on the shade frame, but I ripped it off as soon as I got it home (it wasn't pretty). I bought this at a thrift store for a couple of bucks, I bought it mainly for the amber colored glass and the old design. I just have to figure out how to fix the lamp socket, it is a little loose, and figure out how to make a shade for it.

Here is a picture from another angle. You can see more of the detail on the base. I was thinking about darkening up the base (the bronze parts) by rubbing black paint on it and wiping it off. We'll see if it works. I think it will be a fun project, stay tuned.

If you need any help with anything creative, feel free to get a hold of me on this blog or other places. Email: the.wright.amber.dawn@gmail.com. Or the other social media sites: facebook.com/caliradan, twitter.com/caliradan, and instagram.com/caliradan.


No comments:

Post a Comment